Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Aftermath of the presentation

I intend to describe in lengthy of my performance and feedback that I got in the presentation yesterday. But before that, thanks for the best wishes and support I got yesterday prior to the presentation. I must admit, I really freaked out for this presentation and if you ask me.. this only carry 5% of the marks...I am sure there are such smirk out there in readers' face but..I have my own reasons for being so takot for this presentation. So, thanks everybody..sib baik ramaiii laa yg rajin melayan karenah2 freak out aku nih... and for those encouraging words too...

The presentation
Well.. I should say that my presentation went just fine. I think I did my best presenting my work. And I also think the audience kind of got what I intended to tell them. There are certain parts that I think I went pretty quick as I was the last person and.....I dont know.. somehow on the literature part I basically just went through without detail explanation. I spent more time explaining the conceptual model I proposed.

The feedback
Erm....what I can say is the model that I proposed in my work gets to stay. Alhamdulillah. That means.... I kind of see that the model that I presented was more like a backbone or basic model. They *the panels* seem to accept the model but with numerous feedback on improving it to enhance my model. Kind of, their comments extend the breadth and depth of my proposed model that according to them should make my work even richer. O course I appreciate it so much as it provides me with further direction to go. So, kiranya, my basic work stays and I will work from this point onwards...syukur...The details of the feedback will be written in the other private academic blog. I should email the panels thanking them tomorrow. Didnt do that yesterday. Were just too tired with the aftermath.

Supervisor
Surprise surprise, my sv came and stayed till we finished with the presentations. There are occassions when he perhaps disagree with the points or ideas suggested by one of the panels so he did the justification. I just kept quiet. So, I take it as on that particular point, my sv is not so keen on me to pursue. Other than that, he seems to agree.

The work
I should say I have been concentrating more on the first part of the work - the conceptual model as I think this is the heart of any researches. And I was really looking forward for further enhancement and constructive comment. The second part of the assignment -methodology... I actually started this part from scratch only 2 days ago... *yesss very der last minute one!* and this is due to thinking that I still have another 2 weeks for the submission for this part...so in the presentation.. my approach was more like open to suggestions....the choice of words in presenting methodology was more like.."thought...intend...alternative..." you know.. words like that....and therefore.. I went really brief on this one although I provided them with a table of few literatures that show methods that prior studies did. I thought I would receive or will be attacked the most in this part... but nope! not at all. Most of the comments were on the conceptual model.

My feeling?
Somehow, deep down I dont feel quite satisfied with my performance. I dont know why. If I were to take it for the sake of my phd work.... then..the feedback I got is excellent!! Really! It provides me further direction and some light...But.. if I were to take it for the sake of assignment, I would think that my assignment is still weak and not robust enough. Hrm.....

Okay.. that's about all. I should print out the feedback I got and discuss this further with my sv.. but probably not tomorrow coz I have another data analysis assignment to be submitted this Friday.

Once home, I straight away go to bed just now... but dont know why woke up at about 1.30am just... couldnt sleep.. so I thought I'd better put those on my mind into this entry.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

sebab akak banyak spend masa memikirkan pasal perkara yang tak pasti. Q&A sessions maybe? As i said. Orang last selalu tak kena tanya banyak2. ahahahaha

Hazelsyd said...

Ady,
hehe tu laahh sungguh la awak cakap tu....

erm mmg tak ramai yg tinggal time kak ija tu dah. tapiiii yg tinggai tu.. yg power punyer!

*again, no email notification by blogger.com

Alinlai said...

oklah tu :) pi sambung tido ke ke ke

Hazelsyd said...

Alin,
kekekeek tidooooo yg ko suggest kat aku... memang ndak sangat laaaa hahahaha aku ikot suggestion ko kang haa ikot ni kangggg kekekekekeke [mau tak siap asainmen aku kang]

*ada asainmen lagi nak kena anto la alin*

Anonymous said...

hey dear ...


lega eh but as u said ada assignment lagi nak kena buat.

hugs u ... hmmpphh

Hazelsyd said...

Eva,
Hi dear! still got paperwork to go... but lega already laa sesikit hehehehe

*hugs back*

Ayu Mohamad said...

Alhamdulillah.....
dah lega sket and boleh la konsentrate utk assignment siapkan cepat2 then yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boleh la take a break sat and enjoy ur holiday! Merdeka! merdeka! merdeka! *aku merdeka kan utk kamu dulu hehehehe

Hazelsyd said...

Ayu,
hehehehe thanks Ayu!!!

Memang tengah bekerja keras laa ni buat analisis nih *dah last minit... gini laaa jadiknya LOL*

Huhuuu can't wait for the temporary merdeka hiks!

You take care there!!

Anonymous said...

mari memekak...

hapdet laaaaaaaa ahkak ja weihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hazelsyd said...

kekekekekekeke

sabo sabo sabo nooooooo... ni tgh tercungap nih!!! petang kang kak ija hapdet. Kalau wendu gak, mai la jenguk lagi blog ni petang2 kang kihkihkih

cekputeh said...

Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Kan aku dh cakap, ko boleh buat punyaaaa!

Nanti tgk Kungfu Panda eh...release tension, wa cakap lu..kekeke

Hazelsyd said...

Wa! *muah and hugs*

Lamaaaaaaaaanyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tak nampak id ko kat comment box aku nih ekss.. bz yerrr..takpe takpe...

Haa alhamdulillah...

Okehh nak nengok gaks.. nak tunggu ada orang tu nak ajo camner nak donlod movie tu tee hee hee

Take care wa!

AppleB said...

woooo..suda lega ka. sukurlah. cepat2lah siapkan asaimeng lain tu. pastu buleh enjoy hahahahahah

Hazelsyd said...

Iza,
Sunggoh iza..

Tak sabo nih!! *tp sempat gak menyongket ke blog ko tgk makanannnnnnnnn!!*

Anonymous said...

H (that's for hazel ek? nice name!),

i tinggal jejak dulu yer beb! i'll run thru yr entry later... looks interesting!

Hazelsyd said...

Teesh,

hehe welkam!heheeh *kena gak bagi greeting for newcomer*

ha ah..my nick name.. for the eyes heheh

thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

hiks malu i ada greeting bagai!! thx anyway...

actually i typed my blog's url sekali tadi, tapi tak kuar pulak ek! but never mind...

Hazelsyd said...

oo okes okes.. later later u bagikan eks..

Anonymous said...

teesh, lepas tu H nak tabur bunga lagi for welcoming newcomers

Anonymous said...

lupa nak say hi, hugs & kisses buat H

Hazelsyd said...

Eva,
kihkihkih ha ah kan eva.. party party lagi kan hehehe

*hugs and muahh u too!!*